Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Family Circus


Family is such a confusing mix of hard and wonderful.  The people you are related to have the unique ability to bless and curse you like no one else can.  I have been a missionary for 5 years, and I have never asked my family to come on my support team.  When I graduated from college with a nursing degree they were not exactly elated to see me go into full-time ministry, so I did not ask.  I wanted to give them some time to settle into the idea of me being in full time ministry before I asked them to be a part of it by giving, but there was a heavy dose of fear mixed in there, and that is what has kept me from asking for this long.  Today I asked.  I had my dad's two brothers and their wives over along with my parents and brother and I spent about an hour sharing with them what God has done in and through my life at Wingate, and then I asked...  It was so good.  It was so freeing to have them hear about what I was doing and seem genuinely interested.  I'm not sure if any of them will decide to come on my financial support team, but I was blessed by their presence either way!

No comments: